Saturday, March 1, 2014

Everyone can play a role (Part 1)

There were two groups of people that I had the opportunity and privilege to meet while in Bhaglapur. Each left an incredible impression on me, and I hope they will do the same to you when the film is complete and you also get the chance to meet them. I will talk about one today and save the other for tomorrow.

Today Dr. Choudhary took me to meet a group of volunteers from an NGO called Paridhi, he worked with previously. These people developed a musical that they perform to demonstrate the importance of the river and the dolphin. They did this freely and voluntarily. And the result was absolutely amazing and beautiful. They do work like this for environmental and social causes.

We get to talk and interview them, and then film them performing one of the songs from their play about the dolphin.  They remind me that conservation can come from many different sources. It is not up to just researchers or scientists. Everyone can play a very important role.

Members of the non-profit Paridhi in Bhaglapur sing a song about preserving the Ganges river dolphin (Photo: Jlewis, TDRF)

No comments:

Post a Comment