Monday, February 17, 2014

Teaching the next generation


At Kathmandu Forestry College
Today I meet Shambu at the Forestry College in Kathmandu where he teaches. We conduct another interview in his office and then we head to the classroom where his students are waiting for lecture. I give another seminar about the documentary we are doing. Then I get the chance to film Shambu teaching.  Shambu is lucky because he has secured a post to teach while he looks for a doctoral program to move on to next. 

Shambu Paudel teaches a class on conservation at the Forestry College in Kathmandu, Nepal (Photo: JLewis, TDRF)
As I have in other locations, I again get the chance to chat with some of the students afterwards, and ask them about their dreams of the future. I have to add here….looking over all the photos of all the young students I have met on this trip so far….I am struck by the fact…..that they all look just like the undergraduate students I teach in the United States. And they have the exact same dreams and aspirations.

Students of conservation at Kathmandu Forestry College, Nepal (Photos: JLewis, TDRF)


No comments:

Post a Comment