Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day of technology shopping

Lacie Hard drive
For this trip I brought two Lacie 1TB external hard drives to back up the film/audio/photos (two so I could back up in both drives in addition to my laptop…so three backup locations total). I also brought about eight 34G flash drives to periodically send footage back to the U.S. I was thinking I might use two of those flash drives a week. I was way off!

I have now completely filled a TB of space (which would be …all my space).  And obviously I cannot fit everything on the eight flash drives! Wow! So….I have to go search for more hard drives…TODAY!

Rickshaw driver for ride home from tech 
shopping spree, Dhaka, Bangladesh (JLewis, TDRF)
I also need an additional lens. I came with a great one for the type of documentary I am filming, but not for wildlife filming (aka I need a super telephoto).

So I spent the day searching for these items around the city of Dhaka, looking for the very few places that would take credit cards for payment of these (didn’t want to carry that much cash on me).  I was successful and am ready to head out to the next location tomorrow, the Sundarbans.

No comments:

Post a Comment